- School Fee Remission
School Fee Remission
1. About the Program
- It is the aim of the Council of Confucius Hall Secondary School to admit students from the
widest social spectrum. The Council has therefore devised a Fee Remission Scheme to offer full or
partial fee remission to needy students. The Scheme is means-tested, from families receiving the
CSSA and students receiving financial assistance provided by the Student Finance Assistance Agency
(SFAA), could apply for fee remission.
2. The means Test and Levels of Assistance
- Our school will use the “Adjusted Family Income”(AFI) mechanism as the means test to assess the
eligibility of a family for student financial assistance and its assistance level
- Gross annual income of the family includes the annual income of applicant and his / her spouse;
30% of the annual income of unmarried child / children residing with the family if applicable;
and the contribution from relatives / friends if applicable.
- The members of a family normally refer to the applicant, his / her spouse, unmarried child / children
residing with the family and the dependent parent(s) who are supported by the applicant and / or his /
- For single-parent families of 2 to 3 members, the “plus 1 factor” in the divisor of AFI formula will be increased to“2”.
- The AFI eligibility benchmarks for various levels of assistance in the 2016/17 school year are listed in the table below.
- Schoo Fee Remission Calculator is available for the
applicant before the apply.
Please note that the AFI is not the average monthly income of a family.
Remark: AFI thresholds for full level of assistance for 3-member and 4-member families are $45,460 and 41,824
respectively in the 2016/2017 school year. For 2-member single-parent families and 3-member single-parent families,
they are regarded as 3-member families and 4-member families respectively for determining the AFI thresholds
for full level of assistance and calculation of AFI.
|2016 / 17 school year．AFI Groups between (HK$)||Level of Assistance|
|0 to 37,552||Full|
|37,553 to 72,611||Half|
3. Application Procedures
- Parents who wish to apply for the Fee Remission Scheme can obtain the application form from our school.
Each student has to complete one application form.Click here to Download
- Completed application form should be submitted to our school as soon as possible.
- Applicants will know the result within two weeks of time.
- For enquiries regarding the Fee Remission Scheme, please call our school during office hour.
Phone No.: 2576-3415
Monday to Friday (9:00AM – 1:00PM and 2:00PM – 5:00PM)
Saturday (9:00AM – 1:00PM)